Saturday, May 30, 2009

The games begin


Hooof .... sorry guys, got late in publishing this one but it was a tiring day in the office. The games, though just 6 overs long, are still tiring ..... particularly for folks like us who do not play very often!

All three games were interesting though and I had tremendous fun watching the games as well as watching the fun in the stands.

Game 1: The first game was a joke. Seemed like both teams wanted to lose. Bhikari's team batted like bhikaris .... begging for runs. Joker's though were more fun to watch. They call themselves I'llfu**you but they fu** themselves by playing two girls: Migraine and Dancer. Dancer was hillarious to watch. We guys almost collapsed laughing the way the guy, o sorry the gal, batted. And the way he/she ran, it looked like a potato was rolling on floor. Seriously, folks like dancer provide good laughter to us and the perfect masala for such posts. If playing 2 gals was not enough, Joker's team played mandolin bachha also. Poor mandolin, the kid was totally out of place. Joker though performed stunts of his own in the end to pull it off for his team. His team were celebrating as if they just won a world cup. Just a couple of games more and they're going to walk off the field with their bats in their hands.

Game 2: Very little surprises. Bevda seemed in a hurry to finish the game. Seems he wanted to go for a daaaru soon. In the field, bevdaa was trying to behave like a cool dude to impress baby, their wicketkeeper. I kept a close eye on Chhota Chhatri aka Circuit. Poor chhota, seeing bevdaa impress baby he seemed to be thinking: mera number kab aaega! The entire bevdaa's team seemed to have strategized against radio: they seemed to have pushed the stop button for him, they just did not let him bat. Radio though tried his best to make a fool of himself. Going by his antics, I'm pretty sure he's going to be a strong candidate for the Appam Chu**ya award that I will anounce at the end of the fun kriket. In the other team, poor anna seemed to have lost it completely. Natwarlal in their team played as if to compete with dancer. Both are definite candidates for the "Fun Kriket ka Aalu" award.

Game 3: Its not surprising the chargers lost. The ISA committee is to be blamed for this. They did not allow Strings to bat with his guitar. I'm positive Strings would have packed Junglee's team into a jungle had they allowed him the Guitar. But alas. Lata was hillarious: Everytime she would run like a dog behind the ball and kick it outside the boundary. Seeing her struggle, I had the wish to tell her and strings to sit with us in the stands and play some music. Thats the best, and only thing, they can do.
I don't get whats the deal with Junglee. Just cannot fathom why he tries to show off things that do not even exist. Sleeves rolled up today, I won't be surprised if he plays without a shirt in the next game with his tummy huge hanging out. And in the next game, with his pants off.
Junglee's gora pet did well in the field. But common guys, the gora clearly does not bowl ... he throws. But we desis na ... we'll still not object and allow firangs to do whatever they want to do with us. This really saddens me.
Finally, TomBoy seemed like a jumping jack. She looks like a frog really, her dives looked like she was trying to swim even when there was no water, OR should I say she looked like running behind chickens to catch them, making a complete fool of herself.

But who cares as long as we get entertained. So let the show go on.
To all you guys, keep your suggestions and responses coming. I'll try my best to keep you informed regularly ;). But after being in the stands today, I've realized that I need to be a little careful, you guys seem to be doing all sorts of things to find me out. So in the future, its kind of going to get a little difficult for me to sit in the stands alone and keep a track of things happening on the ground.
Finally, I've got a few emails asking me my identity. I cannot let you know right now who I am. But I'll reveal my identity after the finals .... on this very blog.

6 comments:

  1. Abe, jate jate mast marke jane ka, kya? Sabse accha hei: Junglee.......mera favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job guru. But you're not as smart as you think. I know who you are. you going to be cot soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like ur style of writing !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hit squad is already out. But, Junglee.........ha ha ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. The name fits well ! :D

    I liked the ""rolling potato" too....lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. There should be Miss fun cricket tournament award too........... I know who I'll vote for.

    ReplyDelete